Friday 27 June 2008

Fleeshman confirmed for Elton tour

Richard Fleeshman will support Elton John on his summer arena tour.

The 19-year-old, first rumoured to be John's opening act in March, will play four solo dates in the UK this month before joining John as the support act at Swansea's Liberty Stadium on June 29.

Fleeshman called his opening slot "an amazing honour", adding: "Elton has always been an idol of mine but it is incredibly nerve-wracking as well. I'm going to ease myself into it by doing some warm up dates around the country before it. I cannot wait to go out there."

John said: "When I heard Neon [Fleeshman's debut album], I couldn't believe how mature the record sounded and how developed and accomplished Richard's songwriting is at such a young age. I was delighted to offer Richard a slot on my summer stadium shows."

> Click here for our review of Neon



See Also